Curt Stanton, SIOR was introduced to Thomas Govier,
SIOR, RICS, through another mutual SIOR contact, Felix
Tejada, SIOR, who is based in Mexico.
TRANSACTION TYPE & DETAILS:
AGGREGATE RENT OR SALES PRICE: $225,000.00; TRANSACTION DATE: MAY 20, 2014;
TRANSACTION TYPE: LEASE; BUILDING TYPE: INDUSTRIAL; BUILDING SIZE: 23,000
• The client occupies two
industrial facilities, São Paulo,
• One facility was up for renewal
and the other was on roll-over
and a new lease was required.
• Both rents were below market.
• Client sought renewal of both
for an equal term.
• Client required three year
renewals of each lease to be
• Industrial market with low
• The main challenge was that the
landlords had higher leverage.
• Through the SIOR network, Curt
Stanton with Paine Wetzel was able
to connect with Ocupantes, a best
in class local tenant representation
• Ocupantes undertook detailed
market research into local rental
values and reported to the client.
• Based on market evidence,
Ocupantes and Paine Wetzel offered
recommendations to the client on
the best approaches.
• On behalf of the client, Ocupantes
negotiated with both landlords, and
in both cases was able to secure
new leases at market value with
discounts applicable over the first
year of the lease.
member to member