to our industry. CRM is always a hot topic that generates
lots of recommendations and feedback. SIORs are frequent
WHAT TO DO
There are many factors involved when considering an online
customer relationship management (CRM) tool. Here’s a
summary of the key factors to consider:
• Is the CRM built from the ground up for our industry?
• Is it intuitive for your team? Appearance counts – a lot.
• Does it offer customization?
• Can data be imported from your existing platform?
• Does it offer real-time deal collaboration or a Virtual
• Will it sync contacts and activities with your mobile
• What type of customer support is available? Ask for help
and see what happens.
WHAT NOT TO DO
Here are a few recommendations of things NOT to do when
choosing a commercial real estate CRM:
• Don’t over-buy. Fancy features add complexity and lower
adoption- the ROI killer!
• Don’t assume complex is better. Seek out the simplest
solution that meets your needs.
• Don’t over-integrate. Trying to do too much with your
CRM is a big cause of failure.
• Don’t procrastinate. Create a timeline for decision-making and stick to it.
• Don’t assume industry behemoths are the way to go.
There’s impressive innovation in newer more nimble
• Don’t expect 100 percent buy-in. No matter what you
choose, you’ll never get everyone to use it. Be realistic.
• Don’t even consider a desktop product. If your CRM of
choice isn’t 100 percent cloud-based then it’s an outdated
legacy application. Skip it.
It’s also important to follow your instincts when it comes
to making a commercial real estate CRM software choice.
Find a company you trust and like. You and your team
will be spending a lot of time in your CRM, and it’s
got to complement your culture and personality. Once
you hit upon a CRM that works well, then you’ll reap
Frédéric Schneider, SIOR
Director – International
Immediate Past President,
European Regional Council
Andrew Smith, SIOR
Director – Industrial Agency
Treasurer, European Regional
Piers Leigh, SIOR
Director – Office Agency
01144 7733 124489
01144 7919 326085
01144 7967 726301
A forward thinking real estate partner enabling
property investors and occupiers to do better business.
Contact your SIOR professionals in Europe.
Think Europe. Think Capita.
Mark S. Bounds
Realty Partners, Inc.
Industrial Real Estate
Asset & Property
Providing our clients
with superior service,
honest advice and project
success since 1986
Mark S. Bounds, CCIM, SIOR
Mississippi Since 1986